ILLUSTRATION AND VISUAL NARRATIVE - TASK 3

7/11/24-28/11/24(Week 7-Week 10)

JENNIFER MICHELLE HIENDRAWAN/0374682

Illustration and Visual Narrative / Bachelor of Design(honours) in Creative Media 

Task 3 : Poster Design



TABLE OF CONTENTS 

1.Lectures

2.Instructions

3.Tasks

4.Reflection



1.LECTURES







2.INSTRUCTIONS



3.TASK

  • This project is a collaboration between IVN and DPI

1.We must create a typographic poster using the quotes of the day that we chose.
2.The quote must be approved by Mr. Fauzi ( DPI) 
3.We must use sans-serif for the typeface.
4.We must use a4 size portrait (adobe illustrator)
5.Apply some tools using adobe illustrator for the typography (such as intertwine, 3d effect, clipping mask, warping, etc)
5.Combine the typography with the photography from DPI

  • Quotes of the day 
"Rhytm is the soul of life"


I want to make a poster that has a meaningful quotes. Rhythm is the soul of life because the whole universe revolves around rhythm want to show to the world that ryhtm is very crucial, especially in music.Music use rhythm to convey feelings (such as sad, happy, angry, etc).The rhythm of a music can make us calm, elevate our spirit, and increasing our mood because it gives use life energy.I often feel that when i listen to music. Therefore, i chose this quote.

I want to focus more on metal rhythm because i am a drummer.Metal rhythm usually has a powerfull ryhthm, that's why when i listen to it, i always feel more happier than before and it helps me to overcome stress and sadness.

  • Reference

For the overall composition, i want to create a concert that has stage with the drummer as the center to represent that drummer has the important role for the rhytm.I used gold, red, white, and black color because the colors represent metal music.I want to focus more on 'metal rhytm'


I was inspired by the red color from this poster and by the elements, so that i applied it on my poster as the decoration for the stage.


For the typography, i was inspired by this kind of metal font.I used this for the word "rhytm" to make it more represent metal rythm


For the word "Soul", i was inspired by this calligraphy.Therefore, i apllied it using pen tool and draw it manually.
  • Sketches 
This is my sketch for my photo.

This is my first sketch for the composition.I made a white space on the top and make a typography for almost all of the word.I showed this sketch to sir Hafiz and he said that i must focus on ryhtm the mostb and also just edit the word "soul" slightly so that it has some calligraphical feature.Besides that, i also think that this composition has a lot of white space on the top, so it doesnt create a balance.


This is my final sketch that approved by sir Hafiz.He said that this sketch is better than the first one.Therefore, i use this sketch to digitize my work.





  • Digitize 
After my sketch approved by sir Hafiz and also sir Fauzi, i started to crop my photo first using adobe photoshop, adjust the color, and also the brightness.



before


after


After that i used adobe illustrator to create the typography font 




I used pen tool to create the metal font and then i used transform to make a 3d effects to create the depth.At first, i used dark red color for the word, however, sir Hafiz said that the font needs to be clearer and legible, so i need to adjust the color of the font.Therefore, i changed the color into gold.I used clipping mask for the word to make it more metal.I used cymbal texture for the clipping mask.

Typefaces: Wendy One 



After that, i created the word "soul" using pen tool so that it looks like a calligraphy font. I also added some 3d effects 

before 


after 

Typefaces: Tajawal light


I also created the word "is the" using warp options

Typefaces: Oswald 

Then i made the elements and cropped other image.After i crop it, i combine it become one.


OVERALL PROGRESS 



FINAL POSTER 





4.REFLECTION

By doing this task, i realized that reference is very crucial.By searching for some inspiration, it elevates our imagination and also people can see what kind of poster that we will make. I also learn that typography is really important when we create a poster.The typography must represent the word so that it can help people to understand the meaning well.I learn how to use pencil tool, 3d effects, and also warping.Moreover, i also understand that when we create a poster, we mujst have a good composition.Make sure that it doesn't have a lot of white space and must be balance so that it can be an eye-catching poster.When we create a typography poster, make sure that the elements, background, and colors match the quotes and make sure thatwWe can visualize it well so that people who read and see the poster can get a meaningful message from the poster.

































Comments

Popular Posts