FINAL COMPILATION

Week 1-Week 14 (25/08/2025-04/01/2026)

Jennifer Michelle Hiendrawan/0374682

Design Research Dissertation/Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media

Final Compilation


TABLE OF CONTENT
1.Instructions
2.Task
3.Feedback


INSTRUCTIONS


TASK

Task 1-Dissertation draft 

Fig 2.1 Dissertation draft

Task 2-Final dissertation turnitin report 

Fig 2.2 Final dissertation turnitin report

Task 3-Visual Design Publication
















Fig 2.3 Visual Design Publication

Task 4-Research for article publication


Fig 2.4 Research for article publication


FEEDBACK

Fig 3.1 Feedback

REFLECTION

After finishing the dissertation module, I gained a lot of new knowledge. I realized that writing a dissertation really requires a lot of attention to detail, because everything needs to be checked repeatedly to make sure there are no mistakes. Proper paraphrasing is also very important and needs to be done carefully. Even though I had already completed the design research methodology module before, there were many new parts in this module that I had not learned before, which made me confused at first. However, Dr. Jinchi was always very helpful and gave clear feedback, which really helped me during the dissertation process. This module was also my first experience creating a visual design publication with quite a large number of pages. From this, I learned how to turn my topic into a design that is connected, visually appealing, and easy to understand. It was also my first time writing a journal article. I learned that making a good dissertation requires many rounds of checking and revision, including multiple Turnitin submissions. In this module, I also learned how to write a discussion section and compare study results based on my research topic. From this module, I also had many opportunities to improve my literacy skills and broaden my knowledge, especially about gesture-based navigation and accidental triggers. The literature reviews I read were very important, as they helped me compare different perspectives and perceptions of people toward technological advancements today, particularly in gesture-based navigation. I really enjoyed working on the discussion section, where I compared and looked for similarities between the results of my survey, which reflected people’s opinions and views, and findings from well-established research articles. It was interesting to see that the results were mostly similar. Through this process, I learned to be more careful and more diligent in reading, especially since I consider myself someone with a short attention span. At first, it was quite difficult to understand each part of the dissertation structure one by one. However, through the lectures and the feedback from Ms. Jinchi, I gradually became more confident and understood it better. From this module, I also learned how to write properly and carefully, instead of writing casually, especially for an academic work like a dissertation.

Comments

Popular Posts